Ashgate Hospice is constantly looking for volunteers, so if you can help, please contact us.
Please check the local press and our news section by clicking here for other vacancies within the Hospice or contact us for more information.
Please note that Ashgate Hospice operates an equal opportunities policy, therefore CV’s are not normally accepted.
Our volunteers play a valuable role at Ashgate Hospice, working alongside skilled professionals in a discreet and complimentary way. The rewards of Hospice work are enormous. Helping someone, no matter how small, makes us feel good too. All of us at Ashgate Hospice feel very privileged to be a part of the Hospice Team.
Volunteers help by:
- Serving drinks and meals to patients
- Providing patient transport
- Taking calls on our reception desks and other administrative duties in offices
- Working in our charity shops
- Getting involved with fundraising events
So what will you get out of volunteering?
- The feeling that you are doing something really worthwhile
- It’s a chance to meet new friends
- An opportunity to gain useful experience and new skills
- Put existing skills such as retail flair, driving and craftwork to good use
For further information about volunteering please contact Jane Bridge, Support & Voluntary Services Manager
Telephone: 01246 568801